Year 8 to Year 11 laptop exchange
All Year 8 to Year 11 students will return their current laptop and receive a new laptop after their last exam in June.
Students can pick up the new computer when they drop off the old one. For this to happen smoothly, it is important that students are prepared in advance of the laptop exchange. There are detailed instructions on the “2019 Laptop Exchange” available on Powerschool for students, including what to do before the computer is dropped off, how to return it and get a new one, and what to do once students have their new computer. Following these instructions will ensure that the laptop switch has as little disruption as possible.
- Students must have removed all of their data from the old computer and everything they need is put to Google Drive or backed-up. (We will be wiping the data from the computer so there is no need to do that before it is dropped off).
- The laptop and the power supply (45W Apple power supply) must be returned in good working condition. There will be a $120 charge to replace a lost or faulty power supply.
- Laptops that have incurred damage that is not covered by our damage protection plan will be billed directly to the families account. Returning a laptop without school supplied case will void any warranty that could be applied to any damage that has occurred.
- Stickers must be removed from the actual laptop or there will be a fee to have them removed. Stickers do not have to be removed from the case.
- Students must have watched a short video that explains the acceptable use policy and the student agreements. They will not get their new computer, nor will we accept their old one, until this happens.
- Students will be provided with instructions on the new laptop setup so that the machines are ready for curriculum use in September.
- To support the students, we have put a number of strategies in place. Students will be able to log in with this link. The Powerschool site has many resources to support students and their transition. If they do not follow these instructions, the machines may have to be re-imaged (wiped and started new) when they return in September.
- These are the scheduled times for students to switch their laptops:
- Monday June 10th, between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM
- Tuesday June 11th, between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM
- Wednesday June 12th, between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM
- Thursday June 13th, between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM
- Friday June 14th, between 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM
The last day for this exchange is Friday, June 14 by 12:00 PM.
Students will have instructions sent directly to them. If students follow all of the instructions, this process should go very smoothly. The new laptops should suit their curriculum needs very well.