Year 6 and 7 | Three-way conferences
Dear Middle Division families,
Feedback is one of the most important tools to help students develop and grow. In addition, building strong connections among parents and guardians, teachers and students is integral to continued academic development. UCC’s 15-minute three-way conferences with Form Advisers provide an opportunity for holistic feedback and connection to take place. Details are as follows:
- Interviews for Year 6 and Year 7 students and their families will take place on Friday, April 23 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m; interviews will take place in 15-minute intervals using Google Meet.
- To encourage ownership over their learning and development of self-advocacy skills, students should be present for their conferences and participate in the dialogue. Students will use some of FLEXtime during the week of April 19 to prepare for the conference. Students should introduce their parents at the beginning of the Google Meet.
- Please access the Google Meet link only at the time of your scheduled appointment.
- You will need to log in to Google to access the Google Meet link. If possible, please use your personal account and not your child’s UCC email.
- You will initially be in a Google Meet ‘waiting room’ until the interview time begins and the faculty member admits you to the virtual meeting. Please keep conversations to the scheduled 15 minutes so that our faculty have time to meet with all of our Prep School families.
- Sign-up details for conferences via pickAtime are here.
- Google Meet links for Faculty will be shared with parents during the week of April 19.
- There are no classes on April 23 during the three-way conferences, as students and teachers are fully involved in these meaningful conversations.
Thank you for your continued support.
Assistant Head, Middle Years