Year 5 Exhibition information session on Feb. 27
As you know, Year 5 is the last year of the Primary Years Programme (PYP) and, as such, Year 5 students engage in the PYP Exhibition. This is a collaborative, student-directed, research-based, action-oriented culminating learning experience in the final year of the PYP. Students lead their inquiry which is connected to a local or global issue that they care about. We celebrate the completion of the PYP Exhibition project with our community, including parents, on Friday, May 10. Parents are invited to our Exhibition Day celebrations between 1 and 3 p.m.
To learn more about the PYP Exhibition process, parents are invited to attend a Parent Information Session on Wednesday, February 27 from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. in the back room of the library.
You should know that Year 5 students have been talking about Exhibition since early in this school year. So far we have:
- Positioned the PYP Exhibition as a culminating IB project.
- Discussed issues which are important to us.
- Explored current events and “kid-friendly” news sites.
- Dissected the Transdisciplinary Theme “Who We Are”
- Explored the United Nations Goals for Sustainable Development.
- Reviewed key concepts and deepening questioning.
- Created Action statements and thought about types of action.
- Conducted some “pre-search” about possible issues.
Year 5 boys will begin to narrow their focus on possible issues they wish to explore and get into their groups early in February. Their research will begin in earnest in March. As this is a collaborative project, done mostly at school, please keep non-necessary absences to a minimum during the spring term.
Dianne Jojic firstname.lastname@example.org