Year 12 | Term A and Term B Exams
Dear Year 12 families,
We will be running exams in November and December for Year 12 students to support their learning and preparation for the May IB Diploma exams. The format and process will be different from the June exams and we wanted to ensure that students and parents have all the required information.
There will be two sets of exams, one for each term and exams will be scheduled by course section allowing Groups 1 and 2 to maintain their cohorts. Students are expected to write their exams as scheduled.
Exam and review dates are as follows:
- November 20 – Group 1 at-home independent review day, Group 2 at-school review day
- Novvember 23 – Group 1 at-school review day, Group 2 at-home independent review day
- November 24 – Group 1 at-home independent review day, Group 2 at school exam day
- November 25 – Group 1 at-school exam day, Group 2 at-home independent review day
- November 26 – Group 1 at-home independent review day, Group 2 at school exam day
- November 27 – Group 1 at-school exam day, Group 2 no school activities
- December 11 – Group 1 at-school review day, Group 2 at-home independent review day
- December 14 – Group 1 at-home independent review day, Group 2 at-school review day
- December 15 – Group 1 at-school exam day, Group 2 at-home independent review day
- December 16 – Group 1 at-home independent review day, Group 2 at-school exam day
- December 17 – Group 1 at-school exam day, Group 2 at-home independent review day
- December 18 – Group 1 no school activities, Group 2 at-school exam day
The platform for writing exams will be Exam.net which students are familiar with and is currently used for testing in classes. All students will be writing exams in-person on Exam.net except for those who are remote learners. We are utilizing three writing times each exam day (8:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.) rather than the usual two times and no student will write more than two exams in one day.
Exam Schedules (teachers will advise regarding writing locations):
We do not expect that there will be any exam conflicts but students should immediately review the exam schedules. If they find an exam conflict, contact Ms. Matthews, the College’s Registrar.
Students will need to double-check their course section so they know when they are scheduled to write. Students can find course code and section number in their Blue Net schedule.
As an example, this test student is taking math in Term B and the course code is MDM4UI7 – Section 2, Group a.
Therefore, according to the Term B examination schedule this test student will write their math exam on Thursday, December 17 at 8:30 a.m.
On exam schedule:
Section “a” in Blue Net = Group 1 on exam schedule
Section “b” in Blue Net = Group 2 on exam schedule
Some students in our boarding program may have a slightly different schedule due to their time zones and those students will receive their exam schedule by email.
Students with accommodations will write either in their classroom or in the Wernham West Centre for Learning (WWCfL) based on need and the complexity of their accommodations. For example, students with 25% additional time will be able to write with their class maintaining our cohorts and health and safety protocols. Students who need to write in the Centre for Learning will be messaged separately by the WWCfL with instruction on writing locations and times.
There may be other exams (i.e. oral exams) that are not included in this schedule and students should reach out to their teachers for details.
Head of the Upper School