Looking for an exciting volunteer position?
The UCC Fund is looking for parent volunteers to take on the role of class ambassador for their son’s class. The position isn’t time-consuming, but requires you to help educate parents in your son’s class about the UCC Fund and why it is so important to participate on a yearly basis.
Here are a couple of important points about the UCC Fund:
- What’s the UCC Fund? It’s our yearly appeal to alumni, parents, grandparents, faculty and staff members, and friends to help support the College’s most pressing needs and promising opportunities. These include enhancing the academic and co-curricular programs, revitalizing facilities, supporting faculty development, needs-based scholarship programs and much more.
- Every gift counts. We measure participation according to the number of people who give rather than the amount of the contribution.
- The choice is yours. Direct your gift to an area that is important to you and your family.
- 100 per cent participation. The Senior Kindergarten class of 2026, reached 100 per cent parent participation under the leadership of class ambassador Martha Simmons.
- Gifts of all sizes quickly add up. Last year 1,375 donors collectively gave more than $1.3 million to the UCC Fund. That’s with 42 per cent participation from our parent community, up 8 per cent from last year. Imagine what we could achieve if everyone participated?
Please contact me, Joanne Weedmark at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 416-488-1125 ext. 2000 if you’re interested or have questions about being a class ambassador for your son’s class. If you’d like to speak to another volunteer to learn more about the position, I’d be happy to connect you with a class ambassador in another year or with the chair of the parent annual giving committee, Todd Hargarten, parent of Adam Hargarten ’20. They’d welcome the opportunity to speak with you.
Please click here visit the UCC Fund website at for more information.