Academic Event | Year 6/7 Three-Way Conferences
Dear Middle Division families,
Feedback is one of the most important tools to help students develop and grow. In addition, building strong connections among parents/guardians, teachers and students is integral to continued academic development. Three-way conferences provide an opportunity for both feedback and connection to take place, and initial details are as follows:
- Interviews for Year 6 and 7 students and their families will take place on Thursday, November 19 from 1:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Friday, November 20 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; interviews will take place in 5 or 10-minute intervals using Google Meet.
- To encourage ownership over their learning and development of self-advocacy skills, students should be present for their conferences. Students will have some time in HLS class and their subject classes to prepare for the conference. Students should introduce their parents at the beginning of the Google Meet.
- Please access the Google Meet link only at the time of your scheduled appointment.
- If possible, use your email address and not your child’s UCC email address.
- You will initially be in a Google Meet ‘waiting room’ until the interview time begins and the faculty member admits you to the virtual meeting. Please keep conversations to the scheduled 5 or 10 minutes.
- Sign-up details via Pick-a-Time will be included in the November 5 edition of Heads Up.
- Google Meet links for faculty will be shared with families during the week of November 16.
- There are no classes on November 19 and 20 during the three-way conferences, as students and teachers are fully involved in these meaningful conversations.
Thank you for your continued support.
Assistant Head, Middle Years