The Shoebox Project and casual dress day
Donations to The Shoebox Project will be considered in lieu of the regular two-dollar donation for the casual dress day on Friday, Nov. 27 for boys in Forms 5 to 7.
Boys in SK to Form 4 may make their regular two-dollar contribution, with funds going towards this project.
We ask that classes in Forms 5, 6 and 7 organize to collect the new supplies for one box between Thursday, Nov. 26 and Thursday, Dec. 3. Form teachers and advisors will help boys decide which items they’ll contribute.
Please wait for notice from your son before contributing.
Here are suggested items, which total about $50:
- Something warm: mitts, scarfs, hats, socks, specialty teas
- Something sweet: nut-free chocolate and candy (not alcohol-filled)
- Body or hand lotion, soaps, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss
- Brush, comb, shampoo, conditioner
- Nail polish, mascara, eye shadow, lipstick
- Purse-sized Kleenex, small cosmetic bag
- Gift cards (Tim Horton’s, Shopper’s, etc.) Please write the amount its worth or include the receipt.
- Subway tokens and bus tickets
- Supportive messages
Here’s what to leave out:
- Used goods
- Hotel samples
- Sized clothing (i.e. S, M, L, XL)
- Mouthwash containing alcohol
- Foundation and concealers
- Jumbo-sized containers
- Books other than self-help or inspirational
- Anything opened or not packaged
We encourage the boys to think of the women in their lives and and of those other women who deserve to be remembered this season.
Boxes will be collected by the community service leaders by the end of day on Wednesday, Dec. 2.
Thank you in advance for your support.