TD Canada Trust Scholarship for Community Leadership
This scholarship rewards students who have “shown exceptional initiative in making a meaningful and lasting difference in their community.” It is open to students who:
• Are in their final year of high school;
• Have demonstrated outstanding community leadership;
• Present a minimum average of 75%.
Each scholarship is valued at up to $70,000 and includes:
• Up to $10,000 per year for four years of full-time undergraduate study at any approved college or university in Canada;
• $7500 per year toward living expenses;
• An offer of summer employment at TD Canada Trust;
• Mentorship opportunities;
• Invitations to annual gatherings and networking events.
This scholarship cannot be held concurrently with any other financial award with a total value of more than $6000 over four years or a scholarship from another financial institution.
Interested students should apply on-line here. Completed applications and supporting material must be received by the TD Canada Trust scholarship committee no later than Friday, November 28.
In order to apply for this scholarship, you need two letters of reference from those who have supervised your community service activities and a letter of support from a teacher or university counsellor. Be sure to speak to your referees at least 4 weeks in advance in order to give them sufficient time to write a thoughtful letter. You should provide your UCC referee with a completed version of the Scholarship Referee Request Form (available on Haiku); please provide a copy of the form to your counsellor as well.
Set aside lots of time to complete the application form; it requires an essay of 600 words describing your community leadership. You must request a transcript from Ms Berndsen by Monday, November 17.