The Scotiabank Sikh Foundation Scholarship
The Sikh Foundation sponsors two scholarships of $5000 each for students of the Sikh faith. To be considered, applicants must:
• Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and enrolled in or have completed Grade 12 in a high school in the Province of Ontario.
• Have successfully completed Grade 11 with a minimum average of 80% and have a midterm Grade 12 minimum average of 80%.
Applicants are selected on the basis of:
• Academic potential
• Community involvement
• Extra-curricular activities (i.e. volunteer activities, involvement in sports, part-time jobs, and/or family responsibilities)
• Financial need
To be considered, students must submit:
• Grade 11 transcript
• Grade 12 mid-term transcript
• University acceptance letter
• Notice of assessment, issued by the Canada Revenue Agency, for the most recent tax year.
• OSAP estimate (if applicable)
• Essay (500-650 words)
• Resume (2 pages only)
• 2 Recommendation letters
Applications are due March 20, 2015. Only applications that are fully complete will be considered. The form can be found here.