I have a critically important reminder as we rapidly approach winter and eventual snow and ice, and the rushing around that comes with the approaching holiday season.
We’ve had a number of close calls involving automobiles reported both at drop-off and pick-up times over the past few weeks.
I implore all drivers on campus to drive with “safety first” in mind.
- Please adhere to careful driving practices.
- Don’t block entrances or drop-off/pick-up areas.
- Don’t get distracted while driving.
- Please slow down. We have a 20 kilometre per hour speed limit on campus.
- Please follow the directions of our security personnel.
Let’s remember that these are our children walking, and indeed sometimes running, around their campus. The five seconds you’ll save by speeding on the avenue isn’t worth the small risk of hitting a boy.