New installation for Primary art gallery
Thank you to the parent volunteers who worked hard to hang up the many art pieces this week. A variety of art can be viewed on the first and second floors of the Prep, including:
• SK massive partner murals;
• 1G textured sedimentary rock paintings;
• 2F textured trees;
• 3C and 3F “rights of the child” paintings;
• 4O and 4F landscape paintings on canvas;
• and 5B, 5H and 5M leadership traits print series.
Throughout the year, students and families from each form will be invited to an opening reception. The first reception of the year is for Form 3 on Friday, Dec. 4 from 3:15 to 4:15 p.m. in the Bitove Lounge. Cookies, juice and coffee will be served.
Grade 3 boys explored the work of artist and activist Keith Haring. Using his style of bold colours, simple shapes and black outlines, they created a painting to depict their feelings about children’s rights.
Please join us for the reception to view the colourful paintings and celebrate the work of the boys.