Prep Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
We ask that Prep families please follow the arrival and departure procedures outlined below:
- Enter UCC’s campus from Forest Hill Road and proceed down “the Avenue” towards the Prep. As you drive down the Avenue, stay in the right-hand lane, turn right just past the entrances to the Wilder Arena (on your left) and the Parkin Building parking lot (on your right) and enter the “Loop” (the road directly in front of the Prep). To drop off your son, please stay in the right-hand lane as you approach the Prep. Note the left-hand lane is for thru traffic.
- You may also access the campus through the Mara Gates on Lonsdale Road from Oriole Parkway. If you enter the Mara Gates from westbound Oriole Parkway, you will not be allowed to turn left in the Prep “Loop”. You will be directed to continue north into the Parkin Building or Wilder Arena parking lots to park your car.
- The Parkin Building parking lot is open from 7:50 to 8:25 a.m. The access gate will be locked at 8:45 a.m.
- Enter and exit campus in the same manner as for Arrival. The Wilder Arena and Parkin Building parking lots are available to park and wait for your son.
- Pick-up times for boys are as follows:
- Forms SK-2 will be outside by 3:10 p.m. at the Peacock Arch (outside of the Prep’s Eaton Building entrance).
- Forms 3-4 will be outside by 3:20 p.m.
- Form 3 at the Peacock Arch
- Form 4 by the Parkin Building south doors
- Form 5 is dismissed at 3:30 p.m. Boys are expected to gather their belongings and be outside promptly for pickup at the Parkin Building parking lot.
- Form 6 is dismissed at 3:30 p.m. and exits the school via the Prep locker rooms.
- Form 7 is dismissed at 3:30 on Wednesday and 3:45 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and exits the school via the Prep locker rooms.
Dismissal, especially at the start of the year, can be a slow process. We ask for your patience and that you consider:
- Arrive as close to dismissal time as possible to ensure a smooth flow of traffic.
- The areas around the Prep are “No Idle” zones.
- Do not park and exit your car when in the “Loop”. Parking is available in either the Parkin Building or Wilder Arena lots.