Ordering textbooks for Middle School
The Canadian School Book Exchange will again be supplying textbooks to UCC students in Years 6 and 7 for the upcoming academic year, through the use of a customized bookstore website. Those new to UCC should review carefully the ordering information contained in this letter.
How to Order Textbooks
- The website can be reached by clicking the “Bookstore” icon on UCC’s home page at www.ucc.on.ca
- Identify your son’s name and grade and you will be able to move through a list of the textbooks required for the courses your son has selected or is required to take.
- You may have the option of purchasing new or used (if available) textbooks.
- Please only order the textbooks you require.
- Ordering early helps CSBE to ensure the textbooks you require are available and in your hands prior to the start of the school.
- You’ll receive an email notification when your books are being shipped and you’ll have the ability to view online any previous orders you’ve placed. If you choose to purchase only new textbooks and your complete order is in stock, CSBE will ship your order immediately. Please note that many orders won’t be shipped until the beginning of August.
- It’s very important you include a delivery address where someone will be available during business hours to sign for your shipment. Please consider using a business address rather than your home address for delivery where appropriate. Books ordered for boarding students may be shipped to the Upper School Sports Shop for pick up during the first week of school.
- Once you’ve completed your order you may sign in to “my account” to edit your order and check your order/delivery status.
- Payment should be made on either Visa or MasterCard.
- Your credit card information continues to be protected by Verisign’s “Thawte” encryption technology.
- For assistance in using the website or to answer any questions you may email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 905-828-7200 and press 1 for customer service if you don’t have access to the Internet.
A stock of UCC books will be carried by the Canadian School Book Exchange throughout the academic year and may be ordered at any time. Canadian School Book Exchange can easily handle book returns if a student changes a course, but the books must be unmarked and in pristine condition to receive a full refund. There will be no restocking fee on books returned before October 15, 2017.
Parents of students in Years 1 to 5 should note that they don’t order their books on the website. These books will be delivered to the classrooms for the first day of school and a charge will appear on your monthly student billing statement. These Prep books will become available online in late September should parents wish to purchase an additional copy of a textbook.
It’s important for you to place your order as early as possible thus helping ensure that your son has the textbooks he needs to start the school year. For assistance, please contact CSBE directly (using the contact information noted above) or, alternatively, Gaby Lacayo at 416-488-1125 x 4001 or email@example.com
Manager, Finance Office Operations