Looking for an exciting volunteer position?
The UCC Fund is looking for parent volunteers to take on the role of class ambassador for their son’s class. The position isn’t time-consuming, but requires you to help educate parents in your son’s class about the UCC Fund and why it’s so important to participate on a yearly basis.
Here are a couple of important points about the UCC Fund:
• What is the UCC Fund? It’s our yearly appeal to alumni, parents, grandparents, faculty and staff members, and friends to help support the College’s most pressing needs and promising opportunities. These include enhancing the academic and co-curricular programs, revitalizing facilities, supporting faculty development, supporting needs-based scholarship programs and much more.
• Every gift counts. We measure participation according to the number of people who give rather than the amount of the contribution.
• The choice is yours. Direct your gift to an area that’s important to you and your family.
• 100% participation. The Senior Kindergarten class of 2027 reached 100 per cent parent participation under the leadership of class ambassador John Carrique.
• Gifts of all sizes quickly add up. Last year 1,483 donors collectively gave more than $1.5 million to the UCC Fund. That’s with 47 per cent participation from our parent community, up 5 per cent from last year. Imagine what we could achieve if everyone participated.
Please contact me, Joanne Weedmark, at email@example.com or at 416-488-1125, ext. 2000 if you’re interested or have questions about being a class ambassador for your son’s class. If you’d like to speak to another volunteer to learn more about the position, I’d be happy to connect you with a class ambassador in another year or with the chair of the parent annual giving committee, Martha Simmons, parent of Logan Simmons ’26. They would welcome the opportunity to speak with you.
Please visit the UCC Fund website at click here for more information.