Leaving Class families and grads: brunch on May 22
While physical gatherings are still beyond reach for our community this year, the Year 12 representatives of the Parents’ Organization are spearheading a special Families and Grads brunch celebration in the comfort and love of your homes on the morning of Friday, May 22nd. The Leaving Class families are encouraged to use this time that has us together at home to bond and celebrate this special graduation in new and creative ways. Principal Sam McKinney is scheduled to share a few congratulatory words with the Leaving Class families at 11:30 a.m. EST via Zoom (anticipate a link shortly!) and will join this celebration with his family.
How to create the event? Your PO Year 12 reps have put together a guide on how to celebrate:
- Invite your son to join you for brunch at home – the theme for the day is ‘Never Celebrate Alone.’
- Choose your favourite foods and dishes. Maybe a sibling or dad/mentor will serve as a waiter!
- Get dressed up for the occasion: UCC-themed, celebratory duds, or your cultural attire – if wearing sweatpants – they should have the UCC logo :)
- Join Principal McKinney online at 11:30 a.m. EST for a special greeting.
- Keeping alive the tradition from the Grads & Dads breakfast, prepare some inspirational ‘words of wisdom’ (even a few sentences will do!), and hand them to your graduate in an envelope (and perhaps snap a picture of the special moment for UCC Communications/for posterity).
- Share your photos and videos from the special event with UCC Communications to firstname.lastname@example.org, or share via your personal social channels using the hashtag #UCCLeavingClass so they can share your photos!
We hope all families will choose to participate in this fun virtual celebration together! It’s a great way to show how extremely proud we are of our boys, celebrate this important milestone and show support for what is to come in the next chapter of their lives of great promise. A Zoom invitation for the virtual gathering will be circulated separately.
Your PO Year 12 parent reps: