Many applicants to US or UK schools or students competing for scholarships will be asked to participate in an interview. Practice interviews are now available through the Common Ties mentoring program for Leaving Class students who wish to take advantage of this service.
In order to request an interview, please email Lindsay Tarvit at email@example.com with the following information:
- Dates available
- Nature of program for which you are applying
The Collegewise website recommends that students invited to interview for post-secondary admission should prepare answers to the following questions:
- Why are you applying to this school?
- What is your favourite subject (and what are you thinking about studying in college)?
- What do you enjoy doing when you are not in class?
- What are three interesting things about yourself that we would not know from reading your application?
- What is an example of a mistake you made, a failure you endured, something you aren’t good at, or anything else you probably wouldn’t bring up unless someone asked?