Many applicants to US or UK schools or students competing for scholarships will be asked to participate in an interview. Practice interviews are still available through the Common Ties mentoring program for Leaving Class students who wish to take advantage of this service.
In order to request an interview, please email Ms. Ridout with the following information:
- Your name
- Nature of program or scholarship for which you are applying
- Schools to which you are applying
The Collegewise website recommends that students invited to interview for post-secondary admission should prepare answers to the following questions:
- Why are you applying to this school?
- What is your favourite subject (and what are you thinking about studying in college)?
- What do you enjoy doing when you are not in class?
- What are three interesting things about yourself that we would not know from reading your application?
- What is an example of a mistake you made, a failure you endured, something you aren’t good at, or anything else you probably wouldn’t bring up unless someone asked?
We still have two sessions in period 3 spares on November 21 or 22 for students who want general tips on preparing for in-person and online interviews. Please email Ms. Berndsen to sign up for one of these sessions (space is limited).