IB1 parents: Extended Essay update
Students have now submitted their Extended Essay proposals. (They were due at the end of January.)
Students should be taking the following steps related to EE between now and the end of March:
- Our teacher librarian, Ms. Roughneen, has posted individual feedback on student proposals in Haiku. Students should review this feedback and consider any appropriate next steps around refining their focus or research question, locating additional sources for research, etc.
- Students should make sure they’re communicating with their EE supervisor about their proposed topic, research question and approach, and consider their supervisor’s feedback in planning next steps.
- Students should attend an EE meeting for their subject group in February as applicable (details will be communicated directly to the students).
- Students should work on answering their research question: identify scholarly sources, read, research, gather data related to the research question, design the experiment (draft procedure, create list of materials, meet with lab supervisors), plan fieldwork, etc.
- By the time we’re back from March break, students should have research well under way, have created a clear plan of action for the essay and a work plan for EE week.
- If students are having difficulties, they’re reminded that they should be asking their EE supervisor or other supports (library, CFL) for help.