FY to IB2 parents: Summer entrepreneurial program
Running a summer business can provide valuable work experience and develop new skills.
The Ontario government operates a program called Summer Company where students can get: startup money to kick off a new summer business; and advice and mentorship from local business leaders to help get the business up and running.
Students may be eligible if they:
- go to high school, college or university;
- live in Ontario;
- are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- are between 15 and 29 years old (if under 18, a parent needs to sign the application);
- aren’t already running a business;
- aren’t working at another job or going to school for more than 12 hours a week during the program;
- are returning to school after the program ends.
Students can’t apply again if they’ve received a Summer Company grant in the past. Go here for more information.