Important information about Form 7 transition to Upper School
Legacy info request 2015
Dear Form 7 parents,
With the new year in full swing, it’s also time to look ahead, and for the Prep Leaving Class, this means thinking about transition to the Upper School. The following are ways the Prep will help with this transition:
- All families will be asked to complete and return a legacy form outlining any familial connection to the Upper School house system. The College will make every effort to assign students to the same house as their relatives. Students without any previous family connection to a house will be placed according to numbers, academic background and extracurricular interests.
- THIS FORM IS DUE FRIDAY, JAN. 16 for all boys regardless of legacy or not. The form is a download above. Please do not make house requests. It’s very difficult and we do work very hard to ensure every boy has a wonderful house experience.
- All Form 7 students will complete a retreat in their Upper School house in mid-April. They will tour the Upper School in their houses. House delegates will conduct this tour. Further details will follow.
- During their retreat, Form 7 students will complete a student profile including personal data, academic overview, participation in the arts and athletic program and participation in outside activities. The full profile will be forwarded to your son’s house adviser. This information will be used in the process of assigning senior mentors. Information about your son’s involvement in the arts and athletic program will be forwarded to your son’s Upper School student mentor.
- Wednesday, May 6, 7 p.m., student centre, Upper School. Form 7 parents are invited to a presentation/Q&A session about the Year 1 program and Upper School. The Upper School administrative team will characterize the Upper School experience and respond to parent questions. It’s strongly suggested that at least one parent attend.
- Mentors will receive student profiles and write a letter to their Prep counterpart. The Upper School mentor will invite a response from the incoming Prep student.
- Prep School faculty will meet with Upper School faculty to share valuable information regarding your son’s learning strengths.
These events will help prepare both you and your son for the transition to the Upper School. Please call if you have any questions about these events.
David Girard Derek Poon
Prep School Dean of Students Head – Intermediate Division
Upper School Dean of Students