Form 7 transition to the Upper School
With the new year in full swing, it’s time to look ahead. For the Prep leaving class, this means thinking about transition to the Upper School. The following are ways the Prep School will help with this transition:
- All families will be asked to complete a legacy form outlining any familial connection to the Upper School house system. The College will make every effort to assign students to the same house as their relatives. Students without any previous family connection to a house will be placed according to numbers, academic background and extracurricular interests.
- This form is due on Friday, Jan. 20 for all boys, regardless of legacy or not.
- To complete this form, please follow this link. Please don’t make house requests. It’s very difficult and we work very hard to enable every boy to have a wonderful house experience.
- All Form 7 students will complete a retreat in their Upper School house in May. They will tour the Upper School in their Upper School houses. House delegates will conduct this tour. Further details will follow.
- During their retreat, Form 7 students will complete a student profile that will include personal data, academic overview, participation in the arts and athletic programs and outside activities. The full profile will be forwarded to your son’s house adviser. This information will be used in the process of assigning senior mentors. Information about your son’s involvement in the arts and athletic programs will be forwarded to your son’s Upper School student mentor.
- Form 7 parents are invited to a presentation/question and answer session about the Year 1 program and Upper School on Wednesday, May 3 at 7 p.m. in the Upper School student centre. The Upper School administrative team will characterize the Upper School experience and respond to parent questions. It’s strongly suggested that at least one parent attend.
- Mentors will receive student profiles and will write a letter to their Prep counterpart. The Upper School mentor will invite a response from the incoming Prep student.
Prep School faculty will meet with Upper School faculty to share valuable information regarding your son’s learning strengths.
These events will help prepare both you and your son in the transition to the Upper School.