Form 7 laptop exchange
When our Form 7 boys graduate and move to the Upper School, they’ll also require a more powerful computer. Students will hand in their MacBook Air and receive a MacBook Pro after the boys write their last exam on June 4. Laptops AND Apple power supplies must be returned in excellent condition as we’ll be re-allocating these computers to new Prep students in September.
- We’ve already reviewed all Form 7 student laptops for preliminary damage and were very impressed with what we saw with these preliminary inspections. There were very few damaged computers among the Form 7s. Students who’ve dents, missing keys, stickers and other damage have been informed that their laptop will need repair and/or cleaning.
- During their last ICT classes in late May, students will be provided time and instruction on how to ensure all of their important files are backed up to the cloud using Google Drive. They’ve been encouraged to save their work to their Google Drive folder all year, but this time will be provided to ensure no important work is lost.
- During their last ICT class, students will also review the Upper School Acceptable Use Policy.
- When students arrive for their last exam on June 4, they’ll hand in their laptop, case and Apple power supply.
- During the exam, IT staff will inspect all laptops and power supplies. If damage is found, the student will be provided with a receipt indicating the damage. The cost for repairing this damage will be billed to your account once it’s been repaired. Please note that the charge for damaged or missing power supplies is $90.
- After their exam, students will be provided with the opportunity to re-read the Acceptable Use Policy. They will sign it and will be given their MacBook Pro. At this time, students will also log onto our wireless network and re-sync their important files from their Google Drive.
- Any personal software or media students have installed on their laptops will have to be reinstalled on their own time.
- Please note that the new laptops will not come with a carrying case. They’ll have a protective plastic cover, but students MUST bring a backpack to school on the day of their final exam in which to bring home the laptop. They’ll not be permitted to leave their classroom without their backpack.
- For students that can’t attend the June 4 laptop exchange following their exam, alternative arrangements can be made for individuals to meet with Ms. Barclay to swap the laptops and complete the paperwork and transfer of files prior to the conclusion of classes on Monday, June 8.
- Students will be expected to bring their new MacBook Pro to school on Monday, June 8 for exam review and reflection.