Final Marks and Transcripts: Their Importance after Graduation
As you prepare for the IB exams in May, you should consider the importance of your final IB grades in relation to your academic future. It is these final grades that will appear on your IB diploma. In addition, the results of those exams (and related Internal Assessments) will count for 30% of your OSSD grades. Each week, UCC receives transcript requests from Old Boys who need them for the following reasons:
- They are applying for advanced standing in their current university programs and need evidence of appropriate grades in their IB Higher Level subjects;
- They are transferring programs within their university;
- They are applying to change universities;
- They are applying to summer or exchange programs;
- They are applying for graduate or professional schools;
- They are applying for employment.
If you need transcripts once you have graduated from UCC, please heed the following advice:
We are accustomed to receiving transcript requests and are very pleased to provide them; however, it is very important to remember that preparation of these documents takes time as there are many peak periods during the academic year in the Student Centre Office. Also, since we only keep on hand student records for the most recent five years, documents may have to be retrieved from the UCC Archives. As soon as there is a possibility that transcripts might be required, please go to the UCC Website and complete the Transcript Request Form found under the Old Boys link. If you know you are likely to need more than one transcript, try to group your requests together.