Science Unlimited Summer Camp at University of Toronto
Science Unlimited offers high school students in Grade 10 or 11 (students must have completed Grade 10 or 11 by August 2021) a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to participate in a week of workshops from the Departments of Astronomy and Astrophysics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth Sciences, Math, Physics and the School of the Environment.
Due to the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic, for 2021, Science Unlimited will run a 50 participant, one-week virtual camp with half day workshops. 25 students will have their workshop in the morning and 25 will have their workshop in the afternoon.
- Dates: August 9 –13, 2021
- Time: 8:30 a.m.- 4 p.m. daily
- Location: UofT Downtown Campus
- Cost: $150 (Financial assistance in the form of bursaries and scholarships available, contact email@example.com for more information before the application deadline)
Application Deadline: April 23, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
University of Waterloo – enter the quantum world (virtually)
Apply for a free, virtual enrichment program called Quantum Cryptography School for Young Students (QCSYS). Hosted by the Institute for Quantum Computing at the University of Waterloo, QCSYS will run August 3 – 13, 2021, and will be offered online. At QCSYS, discover how physics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, and more combine into one of the most exciting topics in modern science: quantum information.
You will get to:
- See how the world works at the quantum level
- Understand phenomenon like quantum superposition and entanglement
- Learn how quantum technology will transform computing, imaging and cryptography
This school is for students who are:
- In Grades 11 or 12 (or equivalent) — exceptional Grade 10 students may be accepted, space permitting
- Age 15 and older
- Enrolled in or have completed Grade 11 mathematics or higher (Grade 11 physics is recommended but not mandatory)
- Fluent in English
Spaces are limited! Applications, including references, are due April 30, 2021.