Donate | 6C initiative drive
Our names are Rayka, Eric, Jerry and Rohan and we are part of the 6C Community Service Team. Did you know that there are over 10,000 people experiencing homelessness in Toronto? These people need your help. This year the 6C community services group is holding a Ve’ahavta drive. Ve’ahavta is a Jewish organization that aids people experiencing homelessness in Toronto. The items that we are collecting and the approximate needs in volume are:
- Men’s sweatshirts, hoodies, sweatpants, jeans, T-shirts, (new) socks, and (new) underwear (>100)
- Sleeping bags (>25)
- Winter gloves, hats, and jackets (>50)
- Razors, deodorant, and hand sanitizer (>50)
- “Hot paws” hand warmer pouches (>50)
- Masks, reusable and disposable (>100)
We hope to collect 375 items on our list to reach our goal. Drop off the items in the boxes located at the main reception. Students will need to bring the items into the building. If the items are too heavy, please give them to an adult on morning duty.
Ve’ahavta is an organization committed to promoting positive change in the lives of people of all faiths and backgrounds who have been experiencing poverty and hardship. To learn more, visit https://veahavta.org.
Thank you for joining our efforts,
The 6C Community Service Team