Saturday is Association Day
You’ve seen the video (if not, please click here) and heard the hype. The boys are excited and so are we. Everything is shaping up, including the weather, to make this the best Association Day ever.
A big thank you goes to everyone who has already signed up to volunteer. There are a few spaces left, so click here to sign up for a shift. A-Day wouldn’t be what it is without our huge army of volunteers. We also have several student volunteer spots that need to be filled. Please remind your sons and/or daughters that they can earn valuable community service hours by helping out.
Here are a few things to remember as you plan your day:
• Things get going bright and early with the new parent breakfast at 7:30 a.m. and the parade up the avenue and opening ceremonies at 8:45 a.m.
• Pick up a program when you arrive. It has a map, event and athletics schedules, and recognizes our donors and sponsors who’ve made A-Day possible.
• Parking is scarce on campus, but we’ve received consideration from the City of Toronto to allow guests to park on Lonsdale, Kilbarry, Forest Hill and Dunvegan roads.
• It’s a cash-only day and there are no instant tellers on campus.
• You can pay for silent auction items by credit card, cash or cheque, but aren’t permitted to charge any items on a student account.
• Drop by the Think Ahead tent to check out the freebies.
• Don’t forget to be on the oval at 2 p.m. for a very special UCC announcement before the varsity football team takes on Villanova College.
Have a quick peek at some of the incredible silent auction items:
- a $2,500 gift certificate for Oliver & Bonacini catering;
- five $250 gift certificates from Canadian Book Exchange;
- two platinum Toronto Raptors tickets for a Jan. 18 game against New Orleans;
- an autographed Ottawa Senators Colin Greening ’05 hockey jersey;
- a weekend of skiing for a family of four (with lunch) at Georgian Peaks Ski Club;
- three months of Taekwondo training with a uniform from Champion Taekwondo;
- an eight-week winter training camp from Super Elite Football;
- six front row seats to the 2015 Upper School graduation;
- a birthday party at the Norval Outdoor School;
- and a Burger Shack lunch with Don Kawasoe.
We look forward to seeing everyone as we celebrate our community, connection and character.
Jill Carmichael Adolphe and Johanne Dotsikas
A-Day parent co-chairs