Why consider enrolling your boys in the meal program?
At UCC, we believe in boys. One key way we demonstrate that we care about our boys is by offering them food that will nourish them to be the best they can be in the classroom and in their co-curricular activities. We “think ahead” about the food choices they’re offered today to encourage them to be healthy eaters for life.
Why this matters to you:
- There is a proven link between nutrition and health, and the impact it can have on academic and co-curricular performance
- Fresher ingredients in the kitchen means healthier and tastier food for our boys
The nutrition committee which includes parents, school representatives and Aramark, UCC’s food service provider, have been working diligently together to provide diverse food service choices to students, staff and faculty that are nutritious, promote best practices in sustainability and are cost effective in all aspects of our operations. Here are some examples:
- Fresh fruit and vegetables are available every day at the salad bar
- Fresh fruit and vegetables are organic whenever possible
- Deli meats at the salad bar have been replaced with on-site freshly roasted turkey and beef
- Salad dressings and sauces are made from scratch using natural ingredients
- Meats are free from antibiotics and hormones
- Foods are baked, not deep fried
- We offer an array of whole grain breads and pastas
The UCC nutrition committee