You’re invited to a CISAA parents’ workshop on April 2
The Conference of Independent Schools’ Athletic Association (CISAA) will be proudly presenting a very informative workshop for parents of our student athletes. It will be hosted for all CISAA parents on Thursday, April 2, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in George Weston Hall at UCC’s Prep School (at the southwest corner of the UCC campus, at no cost. See map link below.
The Second-Goal Parent: Developing Winners in Life Through Sports is a 90-minute interactive workshop that explores the role of a “second-goal parent,” supporting their child so that he or she enjoys a positive experience in sports.
Topics discussed include:
• How parents can help ensure their student-athletes experience healthy, developmental (physical, social, mental) outcomes that will serve them far beyond the playing field
• Guidelines for developing a positive coach/parent relationship
• Understanding the research-based three stages of talent development
• Engaging children in constructive, meaningful conversations
• Insight into the training of coaches and what it means to be a double-goal coach
RSVP by Friday, March 27 as booklets for all participants need to be ordered to be available at the workshop.
Please click on the link below to register.