A-Day is this Saturday!
You’ve seen the video and heard the hype, the boys are excited and so are we. Everything, including the weather, is shaping up to make the 40th Anniversary of A-Day the BEST ever.
A BIG thank you to everyone who has signed up to volunteer. You can still sign-up for a shift. We also have several student volunteer spots that need to be filled. Please remind your sons and/or daughters that they can earn valuable community service hours.
A few things to remember as you plan your day:
- Things get going bright and early with the New Parent (family) Breakfast at 7:30 a.m., followed by the Association Day Family Fun Run in support of the Horizons Program at 8 a.m. and the parade up the avenue and opening ceremonies at 8:50 a.m.
- Don’t forget your water bottle: In an effort to decrease the carbon footprint, we will NOT be selling plastic bottled water. Please bring your own water bottle for filling at our two stations — one at the barbecue and one near the Snack Shack (close to the clock tower entrance). We’ll also be selling stainless-steel water bottles at cost.
- Pick up a program when you arrive – it has a map, event and athletics schedules, and recognizes our donors and sponsors who have made A-Day 2019 possible.
- Parking is scarce on campus, and the surrounding streets will fill up fast. Please watch for NO PARKING signs. We will have three (3) Paid Duty Toronto Police officers manning Forest Hill Road from Lonsdale to Kilbarry.
- It’s a ‘cash only’ day and there is an ATM in the Wilder Arena.
- Didn’t get a chance to go the grocery store – not to worry, the Jon Wookey Organic Market has everything you need as well as a “drop off station”
- Come to the centre stage under the clock tower to listen to some of our “home grown talent”.
- New this year is our online silent auction. Although items will be displayed for you to view at A-Day, you must go on-line to bid. Visit the online auction here. Auction closes Sunday, October 6 at 10 p.m.
Here is a quick preview of some of the incredible items available:
- Lunch in Grant house, cooked for you and a few friends by Principal Sam McKinney
- Tickets for the Blue Jays, Raptors, and Leafs
- TFC jersey autographed by Jozy Altidore
- Baseball bat autographed by Randal Grichuk
- Framed Raptors jersey autographed by DeMar DeRozan
- Blue Jays jersey autographed by Aaron Sanchez
- 6 Platinum (front row) seats to the 2020 Upper School graduation
- 6 Platinum (front row) seats for the 2020 Prep School graduation
- For Prep Students ONLY: Burger Shack lunch with Principal Sam McKinney
- Gift certificates to restaurants, cinemas and more….
We look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday as we celebrate UCC.