A-Day is just two days away
You’ve seen the video (below) and heard the hype. The boys are excited and so are we. Everything is shaping up, including the weather, to make this the best A-Day ever.
A big thank you to everyone who has already signed up to volunteer. There are a few spaces left so click here to sign up for a shift. A-Day wouldn’t happen without our huge army of volunteers. We also have several student volunteer spots that need to be filled. Please remind your sons and/or daughters they can earn valuable community service hours.
A few things to remember as you plan your day:
- Things get going bright and early with the New Parent Breakfast at 7:30 a.m., then the parade up the Avenue and opening ceremonies at 8:45 a.m.
- Pick up a program when you arrive; it has a map, event and athletics schedules, and recognizes our donors and sponsors who have made A-Day possible.
- Parking is scarce on campus, but we’ve received consideration from the City of Toronto to allow guests to park: west side of Dunvegan Road from Lonsdale Road to Kilbarry Road; north side of Frybrook Road from Warren Road to Forest Hill Road; north side of Kilbarry Road from Dunvegan Road to Avenue Road. (Note: No parking on Lonsdale Road whatsoever.)
- It’s a “cash only” day and there are no instant tellers on campus.
- You can pay for silent auction items by credit card, cash or cheque but not permitted to charge any items on a student account.
- Come to the centre stage under the clock tower to hear some of our “home grown talent”
- Drop by and meet our new principal, Sam McKinney, and his wife Rosey.
Take a quick peak at some of the incredible Silent Auction items:
- Lunch cooked for you and a few friends by Principal Sam McKinney in Grant House
- two Porter Airline vouchers to anywhere Porter flies
- two gold tickets to watch the Leafs take the New York Rangers on Thursday, Jan. 19
- one month of Taekwondo training with uniform from Champion Taekwondo
- six platinum (front row) seats to the 2015 Upper School graduation
- birthday party at Norval
- for Prep students:Burger Shack lunch with Principal Sam McKinney
- The list goes on…
We’re looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday as we celebrate UCC.
Heather Senst, A-Day Parent Chair